Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What College football needs and Im going to give it to you right now....

Thats right a playoff system I'm going to break it down round by round for you now heres how myself and Bstaff decided to get the teamsin this playoff it is a 8 team tourney where we have the teams that won their respective BCS conference title so that gives you 6 and 2 at large teams who may surprise you. So the teams we are left with in order of seeding is: Ohio State, LSU, Oklahoma, USC, Va Tech, and West Virginia. Those are the conference champs now the 2 at large teams: Hawaii and Georgia. HAWAII?! are we crazy. No look they may have had a cupcake schedule but they went undefeated so why the hell not let them in and Georgia they are pretty much the best of the rest.

Now that you have a visual of the match lets break down each game.

1. Ohio State Vs. 8 Georgia: Well this comes down to the hottest team in the nation against the team who just slipped into the #1 seed. If you look at the loss that Ohio state had to Illinois they just didn't play well but if you look at the losses by this Georgia----they were early to South Carolina and Tennessee I just don't know if the hot streak can go on for the Dawgs I see THE Ohio State University winning this one

2. LSU Vs. 7. Hawaii: Hmmm Hawaii the only undefeated team in FBS can they really hang with the big boys especially I honestly think the best team in the nation in terms of rumors about your coach leaving....ooooopppps I mean in terms of talent. I don't think the distraction of Les Miles leaving(yes I said leaving he can hes not all he wants but I think hes going to Mich) will stop LSU from beating the Rainbow Warriors in a blow out to be honest.

6. West Virginia Vs. 5. Virginia Tech: Does speed still kill, can Pat White play in a big game, can Virginia Tech play in an entertaining game? These are just a few questions that I'm asking my self and to be honest I'm going to say yes yes and yes. Devine, Slaton, and White run ALL OVER this Hookie D and West Virginia wins a very close game on a game winning field goal set up by a very long return by Noel Devine.

4. USC Vs. 3. Oklahoma: Honestly this is the most intriguing game in my opinion if you would have given me all the teams in this tourney I could have seen these two playing it out in the championship game given the talent level this game is going to have just on USC's side alone. But wow its almost like a power vs speed and I don't know who I like but I think I like USC I just think John David Booty is just going to find a way to pick apart this defense.

Tomorrow we will look at the 2nd round match ups. But I'll leave you with the bracket to get a visual.

No comments: