Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Wow are we really this sad?

So last night I was eating dinner and listening to my roommates talk about college football when she mentioned that ESPN must really be hurting for stories. They put out a list of top 10 disappointments and number 1 is Dennis Dixon's knee injury. Thats fair enough. Then she said just go look at number 8. So this morning before I get ready for class I decided to read it and I was shocked to see that this was their 8th best thing they could have written about:

8. A messy break: Ben Moffitt was one of the best linebackers in the country. The USF standout also was seen as a symbol of the rising Bulls program, a blue-collar guy who commuted every day, driving more than 100 miles round-trip in his Toyota Yaris from the home he shared with his wife, Shauna, and their two children. But in January, things got ugly for the couple. Newspaper reports said Moffitt left his wife and was filing for a divorce, which prompted Shauna Moffitt to come back with some hefty charges that her husband didn't do his work to earn his grades, saying, "Ben Moffitt has never written a paper. Never. Ever. I love him, but he doesn't know how to spell. He cheats." Shauna Moffitt's sister told the Tampa Tribune that she also wrote papers for Ben. Their mother then said that she knew both of them were doing it. Both sisters e-mailed the Tampa Tribune copies of the papers they said they wrote for Ben. Worse still, Shauna said that a South Florida graduate assistant, Patrick St. Louis, told her when she visited the South Florida football offices on Dec. 3: "I know your name should be on that diploma. I know you did all the work."

REALLY?! the 8th most disappointing thing of this past season? Not the fact that combined Notre Dame and Alabama didn't have as many wins as Kansas. Well I'm for certain shocked and to me ESPN has to look at some of the crap they put out on their website. I know I'm defending a Bull and thats kind of homerish but still the 8th most disappointing thing of the season I think not.

No comments: