Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Duke Vitale update


I know everyone has been sitting at the edge of their seat waiting to hear when we can expect to see Duke Vitale again. (and by this I mean no one has missed him) Well lucky for everyone, Duke Vitale is recovering well and is expecting to make his first appearance at, you guessed it, the Duke vs. UNC game. Damn who would have guessed that he would cover that game. Here are some blurps I took off his personal blog/site/no one cares.
I am looking forward to coming back and calling games. I am scheduled to return to the Mike and Mike radio show on February 4 and then I will cover the Duke-North Carolina game on February 6.
For the record, I am so proud baby! That's right, I kept my mouth shut for almost four weeks. Now my wife Lorraine is off-duty from her role transcribing my handwriting. I will stop writing notes on the dry erase board now!


Oh we cant wait baby, I am sure your vocal cords are all rested up to make us all go crazy with your lines ending with Baby!

This is what Vitale had to say when I asked him about his return to the court.

Me: So Dukey V, how do you feel finally coming back after your vocal cord surgery?
Dukey V: Its awesome Baby with a capital A. Its UNC and Duke, it doesn't get any better than this Baby! I am in love Baby! I think I need to change my depends Baby!
Me: Yeah, I think you do need to change your depends, I'm outta here.

This site hurts my eyes, ears, and emotions.
This one on the other hand doesn't.

No comments: