Thursday, January 24, 2008

Farewell to one of the best



Today Tampa Bay Buccaneer great Mike Alstott announced his retirement. A-Train was one of the best dudes in the NFL and one helluva a player. He is the bucs all time touchdown man was in tears as he made his announcement today. This saddens me because he played 12 tough seasons but is forced out due to neck injuries. He has long been a figure head for the franchise and should be a HOF member being one of it not the best fullback of all time. Damn I can still remember you running through tackles and mowing people over and the time you tackled my cousin for fun. You were always fan friendly.
"Though mentally I feel like I can continue, physically I can't," he said. "The second injury to my neck will prevent me from playing football forever."
"If you needed a yard, Mike would get you two," said Glazer, one of the sons of Bucs owner Malcolm Glazer. "If you needed to grind out the game at the end, Mike was the man for you."


Thanks for the memories A-train..here are some of the photos I personally took.

1 comment:

More Credible said...

Malcom Glazer droppin' those sick rhymes.

Get a beat fo' that man.