Saturday, December 8, 2007

The BCS...Its wild and Crazy Kids

This college football season was extremely wild. So wild that picking this years BCS Bowl Games will be difficult beyond belief. Here is our preview of whats in store...well at least what I think.




Rose Bowl: Illinois vs USC
I think all the "Juice" is squeezed out of Ron Zooks boys in this game. Frankly I don't know how they made it here. USC is a much better team than Illinois and they know it. Illinois is no where near fast enough to keep up with USC. I hope they prove me wrong and make me eat this but I dont see it happening. USC will win big.

Sugar Bowl: Hawaii vs. Georgia
This is Hawaii's chance to say we are co national champs. Please don't let that happen UGA. Colt Brennan is good. How good, im not sure. He plays Div. I football yes, but he is also playing some weak schools to say the least. There is probably more talent on the intramural fields than what he sees. UGA is playing hard and in my opinion got screwed out of a National Title chance. They have a running back thats going to make Hawaii say "how long till we get to fly back to our island?"

Fiesta Bowl: West Virginia vs Oklahoma
This is without a doubt the best matchup of the BCS games. I got to watch WVU play in person this year so I saw their speed live. They are very fast, especially if you let them hit the corner. I dont know much about Oklahoma's defense but I will say this, if they dont force WVU to the inside, they are in for one long night. Pat White probably wont play because we all know this is a big game and he doesn't like to play in them. Steve Slaton and Noel Devine will show Oklahoma the door.

Orange Bowl: Virginia Tech vs Kansas
I am not excited about this game at all. I don't get excited about VT football or Kansas and Fat Mangino. I don't think this game is exciting at all. It would not surprise me if Kansas won. That's just the feeling I get. They are kinda flying low, you know under the radar a bit.

BCS Title Game: Ohio State vs. LSU
When all the smoke cleared, this is what was left standing at the top. Ohio State who did go 11-1 with a not so tough schedule goes against LSU @ 11-2 or whatever their record is. Both their losses coming in overtime. I thought that LSU was the best team throughout the season but they didn't deserve to play for the national title after their loss to Arkansas. I think that as far as the game goes it will be close. Closer than last years title game between Ohio State and Florida. I like Beanie Wells for OSU. He is a hard pounding runner. I like the gutsy play calling for LSU. I am going to watch this game but I have my hands in the air for who will win. I really don't know. I will say LSU but since no one is giving OSU a shot, look out. They could very easily win it.

No comments: